Culinary Skills Workshop for Tweens & Teens
This is the best workshop your child could possibly take with us!
We cover everything from knife skills and cooking methods to balancing flavours, and plating.
Unlike adults, they haven’t developed any “bad habits” with regards to knife or kitchen skills so it’s incredibly neat to watch how fast they learn and how much they absorb in this workshop!
Delicious afternoon meal featuring a Stir-Fry Bar:
- Fresh sesame-lime noodles
- Their perfectly cut and stir-fried vegetables
- Plus, a “toppings bar” with lots of fresh garnishes for them to choose from!
Date & Time: Thursday, July 18th, 2:30-5pm
Where: The Market Kitchen (2nd floor) at the Covent Garden Market
*Recommended for kids ages 8-14
Learn How to:
- Slice and dice like a professional chef! Including all the culinary terms and cuts.
- Be more confident and safe in the kitchen by taking a hands-on class!
- Create a healthy, delicious and perfectly flavour-balanced stir-fry! (Chef Shauna is really good at empowering the kids in her classes to enjoy the dishes they create) 🙂
ALL our Kids Cooking Classes Include:
- Kitchen Safety
- Hands-on practice
- Proper food handling and food preparation
- Kitchen set-up AND clean-up
- Table setting, and polite manners are encouraged
- Recipes with chef tips and techniques
- An overview and recap of the recipes, techniques, methods, balancing our flavours and where they come from, platting, and garnishing.
- Aprons for them to wear
- All the tools, food and tableware needed
- Water and a meal for them to eat (they are welcome to bring snacks or juice)
- Each Cooking Class/Workshop is limited to 12 seats
- If your child has any allergies or intolerances, please write in the notes at checkout or email us to let us know: email@example.com
- More details will be emailed to you with your confirmation and receipt upon purchase. *Please note that you might have to check your “junk” or “other” email folder.
- A parent is welcome to stay with their child or sit at the back (or in the lounge, there are many tables and chairs with full view of the workshop).
- ALL cooking level abilities are welcome to take our workshops! If your child is a complete “newbie” to the kitchen or a “novice” in your home kitchen, they will have fun. Chef Shauna will cater to their needs and work with each child individually during prep time.