Thai Cooking Class – Menu 1
Come have a fun and interactive evening making a delicious meal!
Bring a friend or don’t be shy to come on your own and impress a friend or family member later with your new skills!
In this 2.5-hour cooking workshop, Chef Shauna will go over all the fundamentals for making the delicious menu, including tools required, ingredient prep, techniques, garnishing and plating.
Delicious menu featuring:
- Spring Rolls with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Mango Salad
- Cashew Chicken
- Massaman Curry
- Thai Tropical Sundaes
Date & Time: Friday, May 31st, 6:30-9pm
Where: Market Kitchen (2nd floor) of the Covent Garden Market
Out of stock
Learn How to:
- Make spring rolls with a delicious filling. We will go over the techniques on how to roll them so that they look professional and then how to shallow fry them so that you can make them at home. We will also make a delicious Thai inspired dipping sauce for them.
- Make a vibrant and delicious mango salad. The focus will be on knife skills (especially with the mangos and peppers), and balancing flavours.
- Make a “perfect stir-fry”. We will go over the knife skills, balancing flavours, and stir-fry techniques that make a cashew chicken dish so delicious.
- Make a curry paste from scratch that you can adjust to use in many other Thai dishes. Then we will make a Massaman Curry dish. This is the least spicy of the core Thai Curries. It has an Indian influence and is very warm and comforting.
- Make Thai inspired sundae with a delicious pineapple sauce, toasted coconut, peanuts, and flambeed bananas.
- 2.5-hour workshop taught by Chef Shauna *Please note that sometimes we go over with chatting and eating at the end, you are welcome to stay and enjoy your time, or if you have to go on time, that’s okay too.
- All the recipes with chef tips and techniques listed
- Hands-on practice with a focus on knife skills
- A delicious Thai inspired meal
- You will also go home with a whole new set of skills and confidence to cook in your kitchen. From cooking methods, techniques and tips, to garnishing, adding textures and colour… Your dishes will look more vibrant and professional at home.
- Each Cooking Class/Workshop is limited to 12 seats
- More details will be emailed to you with your confirmation and receipt upon purchase. *Please note that you might have to check your “junk” or “other” email folder.
- No refunds permitted, however reservations can be transferable to family or friends
- ALL cooking level abilities are welcome to take our workshops! If you’re a complete “newbie” to the kitchen or you’re a “novice” in your home kitchen, you will have fun. Chef Shauna will cater to your needs and work with each participant individually during prep time.